Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Happy Lunar New Year!

*This has been in my drafts for a couple of days so it's late. Posting this from Wonju!*

This week has been pretty hectic, and mostly filled with classes and our two practicums. We were given one 10 minute solo-teaching practicum, and one 20 minute co-teaching practicum where we had to create and teach our lesson in front of the class and evaluator (who had to act like our "students"). I was given Kindergarten/Colors for solo teaching and Kindergarten/Emotions for co-teaching. I can honestly say that I did pretty well!!! I got to have fun, bust out my playfulness (dweebiness), and also sing a song. :B I received good feedback, and I also loved watching everyone else present. Overall, it was a great learning experience. :) I do wonder what it's going to be like teaching older grades though, because according to my previous scholar I'll most likely be teaching grades 3-6. I'm confident with my teaching abilities, and don't feel too nervous about teaching. Classroom management is another story... :P

So last weekend we ate Samgyeopsal (삼겹살) and it was so good I cried a little I'm not even kidding. Have you ever cried because of good food?! 


Samgyeopsal
On the way to class!
Another picture of our orientation venue



babez~ bffz~ humes, mama grace, lethal sheetal

spicy seafoody

Me being brilliant @ the Aquarium on Haeundae Beach

temple cultural trip

more temple!


Gwanganli Beach

Taekwondo Class

aw :3
Orientation has come to an end, and I'm honestly going to miss all of the wonderful people I've met. I love the fact that our generation is small so I've been able to meet almost everyone, or at least see familiar faces around. :) It has been really eye-opening to meet people from all sorts of different backgrounds, and walks of life. It made me happy to see their talents, and I've learned a lot from them. Hopefully I'll be seeing everyone when we plan our trips together. We arrived at our assigned provinces yesterday, and I'm typing this from my own apartment in Wonju! :) I hope that Wonju will be just as welcoming, and I'm excited for the school year to begin.

2 comments:

  1. I like your shoes! You guys all look very cute and warm :) So excited for the teaching adventures to begin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) Hiking boots are the best investment I've ever made! And yes teaching starts next week I'm so nervous!!

      Delete