Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Gangneung

There is so much about my experience in Korea that I'm leaving out of this blog. Not because I want to hide anything, but because I don't really have the right words to describe what it's actually like. And I'm sure everyone experiences Korea differently. It's just so incredible seeing a different way of life, and appreciating the similarities and differences.

So, usually after national orientation, we get a provincial orientation. Because our group coming to Gangwon is so small this generation, we didn't get one for our province. But that's okay! We had just enough time to settle into our apartments, and once the weekend came, we decided to create a chill orientation of our own!

I spent the first weekend in Gangneung with these lovely individuals:


^___^

And we ATE!

mmmm
aw yeaa

And we explored!

locks of love



Exploring a North Korean submarine. I definitely needed this helmet. It was so tiny!



Gangneung is a coastal town, that is super fancy in my opinion! It's like a santana row on the beach. I'm just so proud of everyone in our province for making an effort to meet up and hang out. And it was so nice of the Gangneung Gang to open their homes to us. And I'm proud of taking the bus by myself all the way to Gangneung, only a couple of days after I came to Wonju! I guess getting lost all of those previous times taught me enough. :)

Everyone continues to be down to earth, and Korea is great. I still have so much to learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment